"We contribute to economy, society, and environment by supplying customers with eyes for industry."
- 1.CSR activities by developing our business
- At Tamron, we believe that CSR can be defined as working to serve as a good corporate citizen through lenses. CSR is an essential element for Tamron to enjoy sustainable growth.
We hope that more people enjoy our products anytime, anywhere.
- 2.CSR activities from global perspective
- Our business ranges from Asian countries including China where our factory locates to Western countries.
Therefore Tamron joined the Global Compact in August 2007, as the fundamental idea of CSR.
The Global Compact is a framework with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, lobour, the environment and anti-corruption.
We are faithful to ten principles of the Global Compact, and conduct our business, with responsibility.
Please see theUnited Nations' homepage for details.
United Nations Global Compact
Global Compact Network Japan
We have issued the CSR Report for the purpose of disclosing environmental activities to stakeholders such as customers, employees, shareholders / investors, suppliers / business partners, community / society, public authorities and NGOs / NPOs.
Integrated Management Policy
As a member of the international optical industry, we will continue to manufacture products that deliver customer satisfaction and help achieve our goal of Contributing to Society by Creating Eyes for Industry, while being considerate of environmental conservation.
- 1. We will supply our customers with high quality and reliable products by using our originality, ingenuity and technology, pursuing sustainable development with profits arising out of customer delight and satisfaction.
- 2. We will keep abreast of both internal and external issues affecting the company, as well as the needs of employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, so as to maintain an accurate awareness of risks and opportunities.
- 3. In running our business, we will comply with all related laws, standards and treaties at home and abroad, respecting the requests and demands made by our customers and the local community.
- 4. We will work on preventing environmental contamination, reducing CO2 emissions, as well as reducing waste emissions and the use of harmful chemicals, while seeking alternatives and contributing to the safeguarding of biodiversity.
- 5. We will continue to work on improving the effectiveness of our integrated management system.
- 6. To achieve this management policy, we will establish specific objectives and targets, periodically evaluating our progress.
- 7. To enhance recognition of our integrated management, we will maintain good communications while providing sufficient education and training to all people working for Tamron.
- 8. We will closely cooperate with society in all countries and regions where we operate and disclose information to stakeholders as necessary on our quality assurance and environment conservation efforts.
- 9. To ensure the company’s smooth operation, without the occurrence of negative impacts on the economy, society or the environment, we will implement preventative actions to the maximum extent possible in line with the company’s Integrated Management System; in the event that a negative impact does occur, we will fulfill our responsibility to society by taking prompt action to mitigate the damage and support recovery efforts, and will also take steps to prevent reoccurrence.
Integrated Management System Certification
Tamron has obtained blanket ISO9001 (quality) and ISO14001 (environment) certification applicable to the entire Tamron Group's integrated management system, including Tamron Optical (Foshan) in China as well as Hirosaki Plant, Namioka Plant and Owani Plant and other sites in Japan.
Under this integrated management system, we will continue to produce high quality products that are safe and satisfy our customers, while paying greater attention to the environment.
Tamron is certified with international standards: ISO 9001 for quality and ISO14001 for environmental management at its headquarters, domestic sales offices, China plant as well as three production facilities in Aomori, Japan, and is fully committed to striving for continued and sustainable improvement at all levels and facets of its business operations.
TS Quality Policy (Automotive Quality Management System Policy)
"We produce products that meet customer satisfaction."
- 1. We provide superior products to customers.
- 2. We discharge social responsibility by complying with related laws and regulations.
- 3. We continue to improve automotive quality management system.
- 4. We set a quality target and evaluate its degree of attainment.
- 5. We contribute to safety, reassurance, and environment for motorized society.
ISO/TS 16949 (Automotive Quality Management System) Certification
Tamron acquired ISO / TS16949 certification for automotive quality management system August 25, 2009. TS 16949 certification is applicable to China Foshan factory, Hirosaki factory, Namioka factory, and headquarters.
We continue to work for safety, reassurance, and environment for motorized society. We expand business in various industrial fields and produce superior products as "New eyes for industry".
Tamron has obtained ISO14001 since 2001, and we strive to minimize our environmental loads.
We have been doing energy saving, waste reducing, and green purchasing. Besides, we promotes environmental management including green procurement for reducing impact to environment and humans, and DfE (Design for Environment).
We adapt same integrated management system (ISO 9001 and 14001) at Omiya head office and Aomori factories in near future.
Furthermore, we achieve proactively the targets of zero emissions of industrial waste and reduction of greenhouse gas.
Promoting Zero Emissions
Tamron is working diligently to reduce waste and recycle more in order to reach its zero emissions target. Tamron's definition of zero emissions is recycling more than 98% of the industrial waste it produces. In order to reduce waste from manufacturing processes, we make rear caps for our DSLR camera lenses from 100% recycled plastic runner materials.
Reduction of CO2 Emissions
Tamron strives to reduce CO2 emissions and electricity consumption. We are promoting energy saving measures such as a shift to energy efficiency equipment and the utilization of an energy saving system for better visualizing electricity usage.
Promoting Design for the Environment (DfE)
Tamron manufactures environmentally friendly products by placing emphasis on the 3 Rs (reduce, reuse and recycle). At the design review stage of product development, we assess the extent to which we have achieved a longer service life (longer use, easier repair), resource savings (lighter weight, more compact, reduction in the number of parts, use of recycled materials, easier disassembly), and energy savings (lower power consumption at manufacture and use stages). Products that are environmentally friendly and that meet Tamron voluntary standards are certified as being Tamron Eco Label products. See here for certified products.
We are now working to merge Design for the Environment with Universal Design.
Regulation of Hazardous Substances
"Environmental-related substances regulations" which is set thresholds of Cadmium, Lead, hexavalent chromium, etc. severer than RoHS (the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment) Directive. Through the compliance with "Environmental-related substances regulations", we established our environmental quality assurance system.
We work on environmental quality assurance system with our business partners such as parts/material suppliers. In order to build good relationships with our business partners, we issue "the Eco-partner accreditation certificate" to them, and we give preferred status to the certified Eco-partners.
Tamron continue to follow the regulations such as REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization of Chemicals) regulation and respond to voices from customers sincerely.
Tamron aims to manufacture the products which have less impact to humans and environment.
Tamron respects human rights, ensures compliance with laws and regulations, and establishes good relationships with business partners to grow and contribute to society together.
In order to contribute to society in accordance with its CSR policy, Tamron works together with its business partners to comply with laws and regulations, and continually aspires to serve as a partner that delivers high quality products and services. For product and environmental quality, we conduct surveys to check the status of our suppliers through on-site and paper-based audits in accordance with our assessment standards. We also request suppliers' CSR activities comply with the Tamron Supplier Code of Conduct and monitor if they do so. Tamron only does business with companies that act in accordance with these standards.
The term "conflict minerals" refers to certain minerals originating in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and adjoining countries in Africa, the profit from the trade of which, provided through the global supply chain, is alleged to be funding armed groups that are causing human rights violations or environmental destruction is of great concern.
On the basis of the conflict minerals policy, Tamron is working together with business partners to identify the history of minerals used in its products with the aim of avoiding the use of conflict minerals.
Conflict minerals policy
Tamron has adopted a policy of non-use of conflict-affected minerals as raw materials to fulfill its social responsibility in its procurement practices.
Tamron is working together with business partners to identify the history of minerals used in its products with the aim of avoiding the use of conflict minerals.
Tamron would like our business partners to understand the international circumstances surrounding the conflict minerals issue and support us in not using conflict minerals.
By cooperating with surveys and audits conducted by Tamron, we expect our business partners to join Tamron in carrying out the responsible procurement of necessary minerals.